New reception and office refurbishment, including canteen and toilet facilities
Inside Out Group (IOG) were awarded this project by Solid State Logic the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for live, studio, film and broadcast professionals.
Our client commissioned IOG to relocate the reception from the ground floor to the first floor, using an existing external metal staircase as the entrance, and refurbish the existing offices including the canteen and toilet facilities.
- Creation of a new glass panelled reception area leading from the refurbished external staircase.
- Existing glass and plasterboard partitions were taken down, transported to our workshop, refurbished, soundproofed and spray painted and retro-fitted to form new office areas.
- Internal wall installed to create an open plan kitchen / canteen area with new breakfast bar and kitchen including appliances and aqua tap.
- Full strip out of toilet blocks
- Full height new toilet cubicles, fully sound proofed, new toilets, basins, pipework.
- Contemporary style cabinets, designed and hand-crafted by our in-house carpenters, to accommodate above-counter sinks and fittings.
- Disabled toilet alarm, extract system to serve toilet areas and electrics.
- Full redecoration throughout all areas.
- LED lighting panels, 600 x 600 modular fittings throughout.
- Flooring throughout including carpet tiles and vinyl cap and cove to the toilet areas.
- Creation of a new slate path and pillars (made of block and Monocouche render finish), leading to a fully refurbished external staircase.
- Refurbishment of the existing external metal staircase including
- Installation of security bollards to the entrance and exit to prevent non-permitted vehicle access.
- LED wall lights to the entrance pillars and LED ground lights along the edge of the slate path to create an illuminated walkway.
- LED tape lights to the external staircase to enhance visibility and create a feature point.
Points of note
For the office partitioning we proposed two options to our client – to either fully replace the office partitioning or to ‘go green’ and refurbish the existing. They chose the latter option which as well as being resulting in a cost saving, reduced waste and therefore was kinder to the environment.
Client: Solid State Logic Location: Begbroke, Oxfordshire
Contract duration: Six months
Year of completion: 2020
Contract value: £270,000