Change of Use to Hospital Ward Bay
Inside Out Group (IOG) were awarded this project by the Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, an NHS service providing care mental health and community health to people living in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Wiltshire.
Abbey Ward is a community health ward providing inpatient care to people with a variety of health needs. This project involved the change of use of a large ward bay, creating two separate en-suite bedrooms.
- Strip out of existing electrics, plumbing and ceiling.
- Creation of two new external doorways, blocking up the existing external doorway.
- Suspended ceiling with LED lighting.
- Whiterock in white and colour fitted throughout each ensuite to comply with infection control and hygiene requirements.
- Sanitary ware within each ensuite with an additional wash hand basin in each bedroom.
- Bespoke bed-head trunking fitted in both bedrooms with dimmable bed lights.
- Dimmable commercial LED downlights and bed lights.
- Nurse call points.
- Vinyl flooring throughout.
- Redecoration of all areas.
Points of note
The ward remained open and occupied for the duration of the works.
Client: Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
Location: Abingdon Community Hospital
Year of completion: 2020
Contract duration: 8 weeks
Contract value: £61,000